In the U.S., there are around 24,000 electrical fires per year. The second leading cause of electrical fires is light fixtures. The hanging light fixture above the sink is what started the fire in this customer's home. Luckily, they had a fire extinguisher handy and extinguished the flames before they reached other areas of their home.
Our crews arrived and immediately began assessing the damage. On top of the charred area, the fire extinguisher left behind a powdery mess, and the house had a lingering smoke smell. Not to worry though, no job is too big for SERVPRO of Pickens County. After inspecting the kitchen and the rest of the home, our crew set equipment to rid the house of the lingering smoke smell. Our technicians removed the charred light fixture and cabinetry from the kitchen. The area was then cleaned of any fire extinguisher residue and prepped for reconstruction. Within a few days, we made it "Like it never even happened."