Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Faulty Light Fixtures Are The Second Leading Cause Of Electrical Fires

In the U.S., there are around 24,000 electrical fires per year. The second leading cause of electrical fires is light fixtures. The hanging light fixture above the sink is what started the fire in this customer's home. Luckily, they had a fire extinguisher handy and extinguished the flames before they reached other areas of their home.

Our crews arrived and immediately began assessing the damage. On top of the charred area, the fire extinguisher left behind a powdery mess, and the house had a lingering smoke smell. Not to worry though, no job is too big for SERVPRO of Pickens County. After inspecting the kitchen and the rest of the home, our crew set equipment to rid the house of the lingering smoke smell. Our technicians removed the charred light fixture and cabinetry from the kitchen. The area was then cleaned of any fire extinguisher residue and prepped for reconstruction. Within a few days, we made it "Like it never even happened."

The Dangers of Sleeping With a Charging Cell Phone

This customer accidentally started a fire in their home by leaving a charging phone on the mattress. Within a few moments, the charging phone overheated and ignited the mattress. Thankfully, the customer was able to smother the fire before it got too out of hand. His next step to successfully remove the smoke odor was a call to SERVPRO of Pickens County. 

The Aftermath of a Grease Fire

A grease fire happens when your cooking oil becomes too hot. First, it begins smoking, then it ignites and burns anything in its path. That's what happened to this customer. The grease fire-affected the walls and ceiling in the kitchen, living room, and hallway. We discovered the wallpaper had gotten so hot in the fire it was coming unglued from the wall. Our teams were able to remove the affected materials and smoke smell and got this customer back in his home in no time. 

Are Those Spider Webs?!

No, those are not spider webs you are seeing. These are soot webs, formed after petroleum/synthetic based sources have burned. When petroleum or synthetic sources burn, the soot clings together and creates webs. Soot webs tend to stick to the corners of ceilings. Smoke and soot gravitate towards cooler air, as the air is seeking equilibrium. Corners and ceilings will attract soot webs because these areas tend to be cooler. However, if you find soot webs in your home after a fire do not attempt to remove them. Call SERVPRO of Pickens County 864-855-3993. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."